Yet Another Change Eh?

Ask the forum administrator questions or voice your concerns
Terry K. Baines

Yet Another Change Eh?

Post by Terry K. Baines »

Wow, have I been gone that long? Things seemed to have changed. :roll:
If Alaska is Heaven, then I have found my Angel.
SEARHC GUY

Post by SEARHC GUY »

Terry, you must not have seen the notice a couple of weeks ago that Jody was selling the Sitka.com Web site and the old Sitka Speaks forum. When she sold it, this forum replaced Sitka Speaks and Sitka Speaks was taken offline. Hope things are going well in Oklahoma for you. Hope to see you back in Sitka soon. The sockeye are running.
Terry K. Baines

Thanks

Hey Thanks. Seems like I have a vague recollection of her saying that. I didn't know what the result would be. As far as Oklahoma goes, double Sitka's temp, and that's what you got down here; a very big UGH! I'm thanking God for letting me born at a time where there's air conditioners and ice packs. 8)

Heat Index (like the wind chill, only the opposite) has been over 100 degrees today (Saturday), and is not expected to cool off real soon. Yes, it'd be nice to be in Sitka right now.
bcnulaterwyo

Post by bcnulaterwyo »

Terry,

Yes, you are in the muck of Oklahoma's hot season! We've been pulling the triple digits as well here in ol' Wyoming too lately.
:0)
Terry K. Baines

Muck

Hey BC: Good to see you again. Yes this is the muck of Oklahoma Summer, but it's actually hotter and more humid than my past experiences, and even the locals say the heat index in the 100 and teens is way hot for them. But this weekend has seen it cool down to the 90s, and even 80's. Wow feels soooo chilly; brrrrr :)
James Jordan

Post by James Jordan »

Terry, Sorry to hear you are dealing with the muck of Oklahoma. Its about the same here in Seaside Oregon as Sitka but with more sunshine. Its good to here you are doing good. Many things change over the years as we get ODLER!!!! LoL.

Take care all and remember "It's better to try and fail than not to have tried at all." Memeories of what my father always tells me.
Terry K. Baines

Getting Odler

James: Yes I'd rather get Odler than Older, for sure, ennit. :D

Seriously, give me 100 on the NW beaches over the heat and humidity of Oklahoma. I truly like Tulsa a whole lot, but the heat is something else.

I'm thinking Port Angeles or Port Townsend is in my future for settling down. On the beautiful Pacific Ocean.

Stay cool. 8)
James Jordan

Post by James Jordan »

Terry,

Larry Boozer use to live in Port Angles and he loved it while he worked for Alaska Airlines. He now livess in Port Offord and is currently laid off.

The Pacific Northwest is probably the best place to live in the US if you grew up in Alaska,but could not handle the rain any more....lol good luck to your future endeavors.

Take care.

James Jordan

"Better to try and fail, than not to have tried at all!"