Buy, sell, or trade your stuff here. Ads expire in 2 weeks.
Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:00 pm
Here are two ways to add images to your post.
The first method involves uploading and hosting your images on our forum site. The second method shows how to upload to an image hosting site and then embed in your sitka.com forum post.
1. Open a new forum thread by selecting "New Topic" in a category or "Reply" in an existing topic.
2. Type the text for your post as desired.
3. Choose the "Upload attachment" tab located underneath the text box, click "choose file" and select the file to attach. Click "Add the file" to upload your image to the post.
4. Continue editing and submit the post as you normally would. The image will be attached to the post with a small preview available to forum visitors.
METHOD 2 (preferred)
1. Upload your image to an image host such as Imgur, Photobucket, TinyPic, PostImage, ImgPlace. These sites, like the many others online, operate in very similar way. Select your file and upload it. Each site will then offer you links. If the site offers a 'bbcode', copy that code directly, otherwise copy the "Direct URL" code.
2. Log on to your phpBB message board, and create a new topic.
3. Type the message, and then select the location where you want to insert your image. If you copied a "bbcode," just paste the whole thing here, otherwise type the following:
[img]PASTE URL HERE[/img]
4. Replacing the "PASTE URL HERE" with the URL for the direct image. Post your message.
Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:10 pm
Doesn't seem to work on IPAD though, ideas.
Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:55 pm
method # 2 will work on any type of device - try imgur.com for uploading.
the forum will be adapted for mobile devices in the near future. we are awaiting a patch that is supposed to be finished by the end of the month.
Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:23 am
please try and use smaller images if possible - when you use a 1+ megabyte image, it really eats up our bandwidth quickly.
Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:08 am
Could you please post the criteria for uploading a picture? I have tried JPEG and will not upload is there special consideration I should take into account when uploading?
Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:44 pm
What does Bumping mean ? Not allowed ?
Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:13 am
can you show me or tell me how to delete original posts? Our do we just let them fall to the bottom?
Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:24 pm
classifieds will expire after 30 days
Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:15 am
You are probably having trouble uploading pictures because you are horrible with computers just every other normal person. A smart guy at work told me that the pictures that we try to upload are too large. Apparently, the pictures that we take are a couple of jilabites and Sitka.com cannot allow large files. So the smart guy showed me an easy way to resize these pictures so I am passing it along. I hope you enjoy.
1. Take a picture with your phone and send it to your email. If you still have Zack Morris's old school phone, take a pic with your camera and download it to your computer.
2. On your computer, open your email and click on the previously emailed picture. Download it and save it to your computer. Either save it to your desktop or documents but be sure to save it somewhere you can find it..
3. On your computer, find where you saved the picture. Right click on the picture and scroll down to "OPEN WITH". Select "PAINT".
4. Once your in the program PAINT, select "IMAGE" and scroll down to "RESIZE/SKEW". A box will pop up allowing you to resize the picture. Change "HORIZONTAL" from 100% to 50% and "VERTICAL" from 100% to 50%. Select "OK" then "FILE" and "SAVE".
5. Your picture is now resized and will be small enough to post on Sitka.com.
6. Just follow ADMIN's steps in the first post to upload your picture to the website. PEACE OUT
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.