Hockey in Sitka?!

Chat about Sports here... Braves, Wolves, Huskies, etc.
BONES

Hockey in Sitka?!

Post by BONES »

Hello everyone,

We are setting up a one or two night-a-week street hockey game for adults interested in getting off the couch and playing some streetball! We will play at Keet in the basketball courts. I have nets and have street balls coming. Now we just need some interest!

If you are interested in playing give me your info and i'll contact you when we get a schedule set up!

Bones
sitkadiver

Re: Hockey in Sitka?!

Post by sitkadiver »

Are you using inline skates or running shoes?
stephenmabbott

Post by stephenmabbott »

Please tell me this is a regular happening and I will bring my equipment with me when I head up this summer. If enough people are in, I will bring my goalie equipment.
djenks

Post by djenks »

Bribg your goalie equipment. We can make it a regular thing
stephenmabbott

Post by stephenmabbott »

This still happen? I would love to get out and play. Let me know!
stephenmabbott

Post by stephenmabbott »

Lets get this going steady through the winter. Anyone interested please contact me at stephenmabbott@gmail.com and we can try to get enough people to play up at the sheltered courts at the school.

Cheers,
Steve
BONES

Post by BONES »

this is what sitka needs.

Not some ridiculous swan lake dock or nine cops on duty at a time!

http://juneau.craigslist.org/spo/3357888163.html
Alaskamohawk

Post by Alaskamohawk »

I was ready for hockey every year but nobody plays.. glad to hear about this.. I am setting up a deal with Play it again sports in Juneau.. please contact me for equipment and skates.. I will be over there from the 14th to the 20th for my sisters wedding and will be stopping by his shop.. kids to adult skates even for for skates is $20-80.. and then equipment.. If you tell me what you need I can find out if they have it and how much.. I would like to set up a little rental store in my shop this winter for people to rent or buy skates and equipment if people are interested in helping.. I would greatly appreciate it... 907 738 4522
dmt

Post by dmt »

Is this a regular game? How many players show up? Do you play with inline skates? I have limited ice hockey experience, but like the game and wouldn't mind killing some time in the winter.
stephenmabbott

Post by stephenmabbott »

Hey guys - I have not reeived a lot of responses about this hockey yet, but I am still very much wanting this to get under way...

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com ... yilg%3D%3D

I read on this newsletter recently that they are taking into consideration building an indoor area for playing some roller / street puck. I am going to call to find out as much as I can and see what we can do to make this happen. I am also thinking of making some fylers to hang around town to see if I can find more people interested in playing.

I dont have any nets, but trash cans tipped over could be sufficient for a good start to get some people interested. If I call the school and ask them to keep the basketball court lights on later than they do, would anyone be interested in playing on lets say, mondays, wednesdays, and / or thursdays from 7-9pm???

Any other ideas?

Cheers,
Steve
tinsman30

Post by tinsman30 »

c
Last edited by tinsman30 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grouse1

Post by grouse1 »

Moving from Fairbanks to Sitka March 12th. If I can get my hockey goal loaded on this trip it is yours. if not it will be in 2nd load in September
wes

Post by wes »

I'm in. Saturdays early or Sundays later works for me. wes.jaakiekko@gmail.com
hurl

Post by hurl »

does this happen still? and is it foot or in line skates? repost the info please?
stephenmabbott

Post by stephenmabbott »

I often skate around at the covered keet basketball courts... if anyone is interested in coming and skating around too, let me know. I still have no nets, but if anyone has some, let me know! im always down for a skate and shoot around.
stephenmabbott

Post by stephenmabbott »

For anyone who is interested in Sitka Hockey, there is a new hockey club meeting monday nights at the hames center. anyone interested please check out and join the facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/580634675345678/
gmt

Post by gmt »

Is this floor hockey (sneakers) or roller hockey (skates)?

What time Mondays at Hames?
stephenmabbott

Post by stephenmabbott »

Its on foot, Monday nights 8pm at the hames center. $5 per night! Hope you can make it.